October 23, 2007

Michael O'Hara's Credentials for Mayor of Hudson

Following is our letter which was mailed to Hudson voters laying out Michael O'Hara's credentials for Mayor of Hudson.




Dear Hudson Voter,

On Tuesday, November 6, 2007, citizens of Hudson will go to the polls to elect a new mayor and other important city officials. We have an opportunity, as never before, to chart an exciting new course for city government based on responsible leadership. There is so much to be accomplished. We need to ensure our taxes are fair, our budgets are carefully planned and that the city’s revenues are prudently spent. In so doing we will be able to provide the best services for our citizens that the city can afford.

My Background

• I worked for 29 years in sales, training, marketing, and management with a number of organizations, including MCI Telecom. My professional experience in business taught me to plan, organize and manage for results. I learned how to motivate people to move in the same direction and accomplish important projects. Working in different countries taught me how to bridge cultural differences and get people talking to each other. My most recent work involved working as a consultant to the electronics industry, helping manufacturers reduce waste, comply with environmental regulations and be more profitable.

• My parents taught me to get involved in my community and I have always followed that instruction. I am an active member of the Columbia County Chamber of Commerce and have worked with them to support local business. As a co-founder of Columbia County Futures, I helped create public awareness of our region’s problems and opportunities with public meetings on economic development, taxes, and housing. As a member of the Fourth Down neighborhood association, I helped put on several street festivals to bring neighbors together for music and food.

• I learned how Hudson city administration really works as the Commissioner of Public Works in 2006-07. The department is responsible for vital city services and over half of the total spending in the city budget. I brought increased professional and technical management to the operations and implemented a much needed safety program and began the process of getting the city in compliance with state regulations for our sewer problems.

My Plan for the Future

I ask you to read my plan for Hudson’s future which is included here. Please join me in my effort to modernize and update Hudson’s government and infrastructure. Together we can and must make this city a vital and strong place to live and do business.

Please vote for me, Michael O’Hara for Mayor on Tuesday November 6, 2007.

Thanks,


Michael O’Hara

Check out my campaign blog and view my Plan for Hudson’s Future
at www.MayorMike2008.com

No comments: